Thursday, May 31, 2012

Learning Left vs. Right

Lydia loves to dress herself now (I am paying my dues now hoping that in the very near future I can tell her to go get dressed - maybe then I could get dressed alone!!!!).

She has regressed in putting on socks - we won't go there though! But sandals she can master. And oh my let me tell you it is SO nice to tell her "go put on your sandals". 20 minutes later she reappears with sandals on (we will work on speed and not getting distracted later for now 20 minutes of Lydia being happily occupied is OK!).

She was having trouble with left and right and being a bit independent she was broken hearted when somebody changed the shoes to the correct feet for her. Which as I was thinking about it if I had worked so hard to do something and then was told I did it wrong. I too would be disappointed and frustrated. And then I remembered teaching Ballet/Tap combination classes and a room full of preschoolers who all needed to change shoes in a timely fashion and...

... here comes our talking feet! A simple smiley face drawn on the inside of the shoe and the smiley faces can talk to each other IF the shoes are on the correct feet.



Lesson taught. AND (drum roll please!!!!!) instant entertainment if perhaps you get a bit bored while walking through the store - tada my shoes are talking to each other!

Making our feet talk

Frustration free shoe lesson ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment