Sunday, January 9, 2011

You Need Sleep and My Ears Need a Break!

Don’t judge me but I admit I stooped to a new level today. After my dear little one screamed (yes, screamed – she does not cry!) for over an hour with NOTHING wrong, I was standing outside in the cold giving me ears a moment of silence it occurred to me that my daughter does not appreciate the life she has been given. So since sleep was certainly not on her agenda anytime soon, I scooped her little body up and took her outside. Standing on the porch, I explained to her that her dad and I work hard to pay the mortgage AND the heat bill there is no reason for her to be inside in the warmth screaming and for her dad and I to be outside. So if she is not going to appreciate the indoors that big patch of clovers will be her new bed. (For inquisitive minds – no, I would not really let my child sleep in the clover patch but standing outside listening to my voice is calming to this child.)

After that little discussion I took her back inside laid her down in her warm and cuddly crib and the child went to sleep. If only I had known that all she wanted was to be outside for a few minutes I would have taken her outside much earlier in this afternoon adventure. OR maybe she actually understood what I said and decided her bed was better than the cold clovers...


The good news is after sleep, she really can be a sweet baby! (Yes, I am biased but is that not the cutest baby ever???)


No comments:

Post a Comment