Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hello Chocolate!

The worst thing (well, for Mom mainly!) about Lydia's peanut allergy was the lack of good chocolate. M&M's - may contain peanuts. Resees Cups - contain peanuts (DUH!). Kit Kat Bars - may contain peanuts.

James really missed frequent trips to Five Guys. Which I seriously never understood this one there is a Five Guys near his office and he is eating lunch away from Lydia five out of seven days, so...

Last weekend Lydia went to Five Guys with her Dad. My comfort level really wasn't to the point of "let's eat peanuts and sit at the dusty peanut laden tables". So we ordered our food, Lydia sat in my lap while we waited for food and watched at the counter while her food was made, and then we took our food back to our basically peanut free house. Did I mention how long I have avoided peanuts like the plague???

That night James bought Reeses cups home AND gave me a hard time about being over protective. This is why God gives children two parents. The next day Lydia got to eat her first Reeses cup - and she was a fan!





We can safely say that Lydia likes chocolate. Any type. Five Guys is a pretty tasty place for her. And I ordered food for her and out of habit asked the waiter to place an allergy alert on the meal. Oops - we are getting there!

2 comments:

  1. That is so nice that she can have chocolate now! I don't know what I would do without my reses cups - their my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real - life without chocolate would just be sad!

      Delete