Friday, February 1, 2013

Sorry Faith

Faith is Lydia's favorite baby doll. Her side kick some may say. Where Faith is Lydia is never far behind.

Some days I just really feel sorry for Faith. Her Mommy drags her from place to place. Plays doctor with her countless hours every day. Force feeds her yucky food. Lovingly hugs around the neck. Really Faith is very loved but really has a tough life too.

One day recently Lydia wanted to eat lunch outside. It was a warm day with temps reaching the upper 20's (I say in most sarcastic voice!). I finally just told Lydia that is fine. Bundle up and eat your lunch outside. I am eating inside. Lydia did bundle up and went outside to set her table. Shockingly Lydia decided that she would rather eat inside.

Lydia came inside and set the table for lunch. Lunch wasn't quite ready so I told Lydia she could play for a few minutes. Next thing I know Lydia has set Faith's lunch up by the back door and is making her baby doll "eat lunch in the cold".


I guess atleast Faith got a sock and a cell phone to call home if she got too cold.

After lunch Lydia did eventually go to eat lunch with Faith. "I will wear my coat, Faith. You will be cold".


Sorry Faith. We will keep working on teaching Lydia about empathy for others. I think you may have to struggle for a bit longer though...

No comments:

Post a Comment