Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lydia's Declarations

Lydia decided this morning that she wanted me to read her a story. Typically not a deal but I was washing dishes and needed "2 minutes". Lydia told me this was fine I could read her the story while I wash dishes and sits down with her book. Looks at me impatiently, "I will turn the pages so you don't get them wet". SO I started making up a story about Clifford. This theory probably would have worked EXCEPT Lydia has this particular book memorized (I basically have it memorized but obviously not word for word!). After stopping me to tell me "read the right story", we talked about how I can not see the words on the page. I showed her how letters make words on the page and by this point I was finished washing dishes and able to properly read the story.

I did not think much more of this conversation and after reading books Lydia got dressed and I jumped in the shower. A few minutes later Lydia peeks her head into the shower with this declaration, "Mom, all of my books have letters inside of them". And then as if I did not know this she proceeded to parade her books into the bathroom to show me this great discovery.

It is the little things in life but today every book in this house is on the floor because the toddler has discovered "there are letters in all the books". AND "some books do not have pictures" she says with a quizzical look.

No comments:

Post a Comment