Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Mind of An Almost Three Year Old

We have a little issue in our house of tearing up books. Accidental - maybe and maybe not. Irritating YES! Somehow, this discussion came up yet again. We will leave the details out of the story for privacy sake! Anyway, after the situation was over and the book repaired I asked Lydia to take the book back to my office (because books can't be left in Lydia's room!).

Lydia obeyed and came back with this remark. "I don't like tearing books up. Not my choice to do it".
DeAnna: "Mom and Dad work hard to make money to buy you books. It makes us sad when you choose to tear the book up".
Lydia: "I think you should choose to not be sad when I tear books up".
DeAnna: Speechless and wisely Lydia chose "to go play in the basement".

No comments:

Post a Comment