Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Doors to Independance

Lydia has a new quest in life. Opening doors BY MY SELF!

The locked front door that was installed by a not so handy handy man and involves two hands to unlock. Lydia would like to spend 10+ minutes trying to unlock that door by herself. If I perhaps go ahead and unlock it while she is putting on her shoes so she can have success, well that just equals the need to fall dramatically to the floor and pout.

The screen door wasn't latched right the other morning so she touched the screen door and it opened. Apparently this equaled "mom's fault" and she fell dramatically to the patio crying "I really can open the front door alone". The reasoning of trying to tell the 3 year old that I wasn't even near the front door fell on deaf ears.

But then the best door opening situation as of late: Lydia likes to open the car door from the inside byherself. So I unbuckled her from the front seat and went around the car to offer help, if needed. As I round the corner of the car I see two little feet flip up and do a not so graceful roll on the floor followed by SCREAMING. So I open the car door to help the little girl jammed between the back seat and front seat head first only for the screaming to get even louder "I wanted to open the door". OH MY!!!!!!!!

Independence is good right?


No comments:

Post a Comment