Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Calming Down a Baby Brother

I had to get gas in the car. Normally an errand I wait to do until I don't have kids in the car but this week that did not happen so I took them. (Have I mentioned Isaac doesn't cry often but when he does he gets MAD and holds his breath? Kinda creepy to watch the baby turn blue and not allot that can be done about this. Thankfully he really doesn't cry that often.). I stopped the car and hoped Isaac had not fallen asleep but he had. I cringed inwardly but we really needed gas. So I went as quickly as I could to get the process started planning on rocking his car seat as soon as the gas was flowing into the car.

I swipe my credit card only to see the crying starting. I wait for the ever so slow credit card machine to authorize my card, ask if I want a car wash (baby is getting super mad), ask for my zip code (and there goes Isaac turning blue!), and then the car starts bouncing. I turn to knock on the window and tell Lydia to stop - really the last thing I need is the 3 year old going nuts in the car but that is when I notice Lydia is singing and "bouncing" her brother AND her brother is still irritated but not screaming and is getting color back to his face.

Lydia was very proud of herself for "helping Isaac keep his face pink" and I was very grateful for her help! Hopefully Isaac will soon learn to breathe and cry at the same time (I never would have thought I would be looking forward to that developmental milestone).


No comments:

Post a Comment