Thursday, September 22, 2011

RICE!!!!!!

I was trying to decide if Lydia would like a sand box (the jury is still out). They are expensive, messy, and would we really play with it??? This is a little girl that cries every time she touches dirt.

So I decided to buy a "small sand box" (some people call my small sand box - Rubbermaid!). But it is very hard to find a small amount of play sand - kinda think it is tacky to fill my "sand box" up at the park and bring it home. After several weeks of my sandbox sitting behind the couch attracting somebody to go climb, I realized I either needed to re-purpose this sand box or fill it with something else.

We filled the box with rice!

This was an entire hour's worth of fun. We scooped. We dug. We measured. We got rice in our hair, diaper, and in our shoes. So obviously this is a very exciting joyous time.

So neat and tidy, before we start!

"Hhhhmmmm, what should I do with this". 





Since our first day of fun, we added some food coloring to our rice. Our rice level was getting a bit low so we have also added dry beans to the mix. Amazingly this toy, has been our favorite activity outside (it has even been more exciting than riding the trike!).

Not sure that I am going to buy the sandbox this fall. And when she is ready for the sand box, I think we are just going to find a large flat piece of Rubbermaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment