Tuesday, January 24, 2012

18 month Doctor's Visit

Success!!!!! We were happy today at the doctor.

Lydia has a doctor's kit and we have been coaching her on "the doctor is your friend. Will you be the doctor's friend?". Lydia always thinks for a minute and then says "yes friend".

Then I ask her if she will be nice to the doctor. This is always a long pause while Lydia thinks it through and then cautiously nods her head for yes.

We have listened to Lydia's heart, the babies hearts, mom and dad's heart with the stethoscope. We have pretended to look in each others ears. We have taken our temperatures. Basically we have talked this visit up ALLOT.

Either it was the age or Lydia comprehends our chats, but NO SCREAMING!!!!! I never knew an exam room with Lydia in it could be so quiet.

I get mother of the year award. Apparently my child was still sick. SO for all the children that we have been around over the last two months, I apologize profusely. She is now on an antibiotic and on the road to recovery, again. Seriously I thought all toddlers had runny noses in the winter - I have never seen a toddler in the winter that did not have a yucky nose, but...

So 25lbs and 2 ounces. (Hurray - sick and still on the charts!!!!!!!). 33 and 3/4 inches tall. Seriously don't know where the height came from - must be James side of the family!

The biggest greatest surprise of all - seems that all the 1 year set of teeth have finally broken through!!!!!!!!!!! I am hoping for a long peaceful break from teething ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment