Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Enthusiasism

I thought that Lydia would enjoy Christmas but I also thought she would be a bit clueless like she has been the past two Christmases. I thought it would be our last ho-hum kinda of Christmas. BOY was I wrong! Lydia has been thrilled with anything and everything Christmas related. Lights, trees, crafts, activities, wrapping presents, telling everybody their Christmas secret (I have lost count how many times she has enthusiastically told James his Christmas present - she has been so enthusiastic though that he has not understood her!). I have my sincere doubts that she remembers anything from previous Christmases... 

I have captured some of her enthusiasm: 

Running through the house. Singing/screaming "merry Christmas".

"Please one picture of my pretty tree"

"A Christmas Card from Cousin INDIANA". Followed by a long conversation with Indiana's picture... (This was a no-nap/sick day - hence the grumpy look. She really was happy!)

And all this Christmas joy has left one of us a bit difficult and contrary some days... 

But then a new present arrives and we put a smile on our face! 

And hug Christmas Pooh from Grandpa Curt :) 

SO all this to say, James and I have thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas bundle of joy this year. (She has even turned James into not that big of a Grinch!). And James and I have also been counting down the days until the 26th when Lydia's life and routine begins to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment