Monday, July 1, 2013

Old Fashioned Icecream


Lydia has been introduced to McDonald's icecream cones. She was telling me about the great icecream store that she loves (McDonalds). After a very long conversation about the joys of McDonalds and icecream cones Lydia then told me the sad news about McDonalds "only one icecream flavor - white" and "chocolate is really my favorite icecream". To change the subject away from the Golden Arches. I asked her if she had ever been to a real icecream store - where you can choose which icecream you want from many flavors. This question equaled silence and got me to thinking that no I don't think she has ever been to a real icecream store.

So after a search on Google, I found a REAL icecream store (because sadly I could not think of a real icecream store off the top of my head!). We promised the treat to the little girl. Talked about the treat. Ate our dinner. And drove to the icecream store watching the black clouds roll in. Lydia chose her icecream flavor AND the cashier even offered to dip the icecream cone in pink sprinkles. Can life get any better????

We get our icecream and sit down at the icecream store only to have the thunder start. So we put our icecream cones in cups and drove home in the rain. But icecream cones from a cup are "very tasty too".

No comments:

Post a Comment