Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ballerina Goes on a Safari

Lydia has a friend who is a five year old little boy. And ALL boy! It has taken years but the two finally play well together - or they have come to terms with the fact that they will be together from time to time and tolerate each other. 

Lydia's friend invited her to his party and she was soooooo excited to go to her "best friend's birthday" (because we are so dramatic that EVERYBODY is our best friend!). I asked Lydia what she would like to give her friend for a present (mind you this is a five year old little boy). Lydia's response without hesitation "he needs a baby doll. Do you know he doesn't have any baby dolls?". Lydia and I talked about if her friend has ever played with her baby dolls. No he has not. So we decided to think about something else her friend might like. "He needs pretend food. He doesn't even have a kitchen and he does play with my kitchen.". I surrendered on that one. But we had many conversations over the coming days about what her friend might actually play with at his house. And eventually Lydia came up with some good ideas and we went shopping. 

And then party day came. 

DeAnna: Today is your party day. 
Lydia: (dances around the house) I am going to be a ballerina. And I need my hat. I will take my baby doll to share. 
DeAnna: You are going to be playing outside and the party theme is a safari. So animals and playing in the jungle is what the party will be all about. 
Lydia: I will wear my boots too! 
DeAnna: (surrenders on everything but the hat and this is what Lydia wears to the birthday party with allot of little boys!  


Tutu, cowBOY boots, ballerina shirt


The baby doll was left at home because "I don't really want to share". I did not have the heard to tell her that none of the little boys would be interested in her baby doll but...

Has it been mentioned that a baby brother will rock her world??? But this little boy will never have to worry about clothes because Lydia has all his outfits already picked out for him - including accessories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment