Friday, August 21, 2015

Eager Readers

I noticed this week that Lydia's reader for school had been moving around the house. I really just thought she was playing school and did not think anything about it. But then I realized that Lydia's reading is improving overnight seemingly. Lydia has turned into a bookworm and is picking books up and reading them to herself. Whoohoo! Victory for Mom. 

Anyhow, we were at the library and Isaac wanted to sit in the chairs and read books (toddler boy wants to sit and read - YES I WILL READ TO YOU!). Lydia was still picking out books so I start reading to Isaac and then I hear this squeal "Mom, mom, mom! Guess what? These books have words I can read and they are fun books". 

Another Mom win - we have moved away from the Bob books. A story line, a plot, complex sentences! Whoohooo!!!!!! 

We left a few books at the library but we came home with a bunch! 

"I will read these books to myself". 

Don't fear Mom, I am sitting here in my manly purple car seat and I will read picture books with you occasionally. Like when I am eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment