Saturday, August 22, 2015

Picnic Breakfast

Some days a feisty toddler wakes up at 4:30 in the morning. Nobody really knows why. Maybe he was cold, maybe he wanted his door open, maybe he wanted his fan off and the door closed, maybe he wanted the night light turned back on. Really anybody's guess. But James (who is way more patient than I am at 4:30 am!), tried many things and then went back to bed. When I went downstairs at 6 am, Isaac was standing in his bed waving at me saying "hi ya". Not really the greeting I wanted. Anyhow, I woke up a tiny bit and then went back upstairs to see "hi ya" boy and his sidekick (who was also wide awake and chipper!).

Needless to say, when I walked back downstairs again and it was 6:55AM - the sun wasn't up, Isaac was whining, Lydia was dancing through the living room, we were all dressed, had read several books, played puzzles, discussed life, listened to several large doses of whining, and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the day SO we took our breakfast to the park. Might as well right?

For inquiring minds, we were alone at the park for well over an hour! Apparently the other early rising children don't convince their parents to go to the park until closer to 8:30 ;)

Yes, Isaac is sneering... I guess he did not mean to be awake at 4:30! 















The sun had come up by the end of our visit! 

I am so grateful for summer and having so many fun parks close to our house. Anyway, after a fun early morning at the park we went home and finished up Lydia's school for the week. She did not have much to do as she is loving school and ended up doing school last weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment