Friday, May 13, 2011

Three Benefits of a 10PM Hug

(Note: Written by Lydia in the middle of the night... She stayed up all night last night writing this note - so read on.)

My peeps lay me down every night before the sun goes down. I think it is cruel but my peeps say, "if you can't be nice you have to go to bed". I admit my whining gets the best of me every night and I have to go to bed before the sun sets. BUT the last several nights I had forgotten about my 10PM hug. Last night I remembered how wonderful 10PM hugs are.

So here is how the 10PM hug goes:

  1. I roll over. 
  2. The house is silent and I get worried that everybody has left me. Alone in the dark and the big house. (No, they have never all left me before but there is always a first!)
  3. I then cry out. When I start crying I hear noise - my peeps let me cry for a bit they say it is good for me. I am skeptical on that one. 
  4. BUT after a few minutes, my mom comes in. (Sometimes she is really tired and sends dad. He is fun but he is my playmate not my cuddle friend. So I scream LOUDLY.) 
  5. We rock and cuddle. I tell her my dream and assure mom that I am OK. 
  6. And then she puts me back in my crib, covers me up, and goes back to bed. 

But I promised you the three benefits of 10PM hugs - so here they are (little ones - pay attention you NEED to know this!). 
  • My peeps are lonely if they just go straight to sleep. Little ones - we are here to keep our peeps out of trouble! 
  • My peeps need to know that I am resting comfortably. If my mom did not come into check on me, I am positive that she would just toss and turn all night not knowing if my room is the right temperature. 
  • My peeps need cuddles and I am just TOO busy during the day to cuddle them properly. It is true what they say a baby's work is never done. 
I challenge you Little Ones put your own needs aside, rise up, awake promptly at 10PM, demand a hug. It is our duty, our peeps need us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment