Friday, March 9, 2012

A Day in the Life Of...

(Written by Lydia)


LYDIA!!!!!!!!

Dad was telling me recently that I have a really good life and that I should enjoy this time. I was thinking that was sooooooo silly of Dad but then I watched him and I just don't think Dad fully understands the sacrifices that I make for him every day.

So this is an ever so ordinary day in the life of me!

When the sun starts to rise, I roll over. When Dad starts his car in the morning, I roll over and consider getting up. But a girl needs her beauty sleep.

Once the sun has fully risen, I sing a little song, give a giggle, and Mom comes and rescues me from my bed. Mom helps me get dressed, comb my hair (Mom says I look like a wild child in the morning!), put away my pjs, and I put on my socks. SEE Dad, suffer for you - I put my own socks on my own feet. The injustice of it all.

It is then breakfast time. This particular morning we were out of eggs from the freezer and I had my choice of muffins and muffins. Mom told me to be thankful because it was grocery day. So I ate a muffin (but looked really hard in the freezer for eggs).

I even had to suffer through eating apple...

After breakfast, it is time to "get strong". I help Mom workout. We dance, spin, kick, and tickle our toes. I know our getting strong time is done when I spy the "silly bus" (Mom says one day the bad bus driver is going to get us a new car AND a new mailbox).

I have a very important task while Mom takes a shower. I must not give her any privacy. So I sit on the rug and watch, open the shower doors, and dance for her. She really enjoys this and it is a tough job - but somebody has to do it. 

After shower time, I have one thing on my brain "project". I must do a project. This day it was Play-doh AND laundry. I don't think Mom can put laundry in the dryer without my help. Once again a tough job but I am up to the task Dad. 

We needed to go grocery shopping this day too. Before we leave the house, I am "NEWSPAPER GIRL". Once again somebody has to pick the paper up and it might as well be me :) 

This is me as I prepare to hurl the newspaper down the hill and into the trash. Why do we get the paper Dad???



After I did all the grocery shopping, bringing in the groceries (Mom said I was on "hearty vegetable patrol"  - this means I brought the broccoli and carrots inside), putting the groceries away, and fixing lunch I was very tired. So tired infact that I had to have a little rest before I could eat my picnic lunch. 

Do you want dip too???

But I rested quickly and was able to eat my lunch. Better food for lunch so less of a chore for my tired and overworked self. 

After my picnic and playing outside, I needed a nap. My photographer said that nap is such an important part of my job that she would not disturb me. But I close my eyes and rest for just a little while. I know it is time to wake up because my Peeps start calling AND the "silly bus" comes back. 

Even though my peeps are desperately wanting to see me, I must take a moment to wake up before I can go visit. So I read books, drink my ice water, and get cute for my peeps. My peeps understand and always wait for me. If I didn't go visiting Dad, who would??? 


After I am good and awake, I venture outside to go visiting. I chat with my friends next door, across the street, wave at the children as they come home, go see the kitties. AND on this very special day I got to play Play-doh AGAIN!!!!!!!!!



And Dad, this is where you come home. And you see all that I do to make your evening GREAT. Nobody else in the house tackles you like I do. Nobody else takes the time to trade vegetables for croutons with you.  Nobody else sticks their finger in your nose like I do. 

It's all in a day's worth of work Dad. I hope you now understand that I really do allot of work during the days because I love you too ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment