Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Little Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring Project!

Last summer I decided that I would tackle the front flower beds. All of the flower beds. I thought that this would be "my little summer project". Which then turned into my fall project - but little did I know that the little one would decide to pick up every little cold that came her way this fall and winter. And, all my hard work became weeds AGAIN!

But we were not completely lazy last summer and did get some things done to the yard - we made it our personal priority to take down the neighborhood makeout spot (seriously I just want to get the mail not be surprised!). James mowed down the "extra" flower beds - we really do not need flower beds by our driveway, front steps, and to trip over as we play bubbles ;)

FINALLY, ten months later, we have the weed barrier down!!!!!! Do you hear the sounds of our neighbors cheering??? The neighborhood dogs are looking for new places to leave their treasures right now. Lydia is dreaming of new flowers to smell. And James and I are dreaming of the next 10 years of a weed free rock garden (I sure hope that the weed barrier advertising is true!!!!!).

Next up, the last flower bed of the front yard. One day - next spring maybe ;)




Top: Lydia's soon to be parking pad for her ride on toys. Re-sale value = Negative. Usability = Positive (good thing we aren't moving soon). Thank goodness we don't have a homeowners association ;) 

Bottom: Foundation for the Rock Garden. We are really doing a rock garden. At this point with no flowers in the plans!!!!!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment