Saturday, March 31, 2012

Obedience...

Lydia is nearing the age of 2 and sometimes has her own brain. Which is a really good thing! But needless to say we have been working on learning to obey with that brain though ;)

Lydia has been earning stickers for obeying that go on her Easter Egg. Not every time she obeys but quite often she was given the opportunity to pick out a sticker for her egg.

Recently I asked her to go to the basement and clean up her toys (this is a very daunting task since we don't clean up down there every day!). And then the phone rang. Much to my surprise at the end of the phone call, Lydia had cleaned up allot of the toys in the basement. STICKER TIME!!!!!

Lydia has been having some challenges with her manners at the dinner table (really mom it is sooooooo fun to watch my food roll off the table and on to the floor. Oh, you actually wanted me to EAT my vegetables? I thought you wanted me to plunk them in my drink!). So we have been working on this. You bet the night that Lydia did not need many reminders and was quick to obey she got another sticker.

But anyway the VERY HAPPY little girl with her obedience egg (pardon the mess we had been finger painting and rolling in the grass with our friends!).


No comments:

Post a Comment