Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Magical Motrin

Lydia has a new trick every single night before she goes to bed, her nose, knee, toe, etc... hurts and she NEEDS pink medicine. Thankfully pink medicine is kept way far out of her reach!

But every night I listen to her long list of ailments (you would think she was 102 and not 2!) and then use my best judgement if there is a real need. 9 nights out of 10, I send her to bed with a tear filled eye because she just needs pink medicine. And I tell her she is perfectly healthy little girl who just needs sleep.

Last night, she was awake. Allot! All night. Finally at 4 AM, when I was out of ideas and so tired I relented and let her have pink medicine. But we were almost out of pink medicine and there was not much left of Motrin. So I added water. She licked the cup delighted that she got the pink medicine. Would you believe before she had even had the water - I mean Motrin - in her body for less than a minute she already felt SO much better.

Motrin and water is a magical combination!

Today I took the old bottle of Motrin, mixed up sugar water, a little food coloring, shook the bottle up, marked the bottle "Magical Motrin", and put it high on the medicine shelf. I am guessing that we might need some additional magical Motrin one night/early morning. Because some nights all the ailments in the world are really just mental and a little water - or ummmm "Magical Motrin" - helps you go right to sleep!




No comments:

Post a Comment