Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our Week....

Yes, my child is screaming as she tries to potty. 

Which led to laying in the floor screaming. Refusing to be consoled. And miserable. 

Which then led to a call to the doctor's office and taking a screaming little girl to the doctor's office. I would have pictures of the car ride but A. I was driving and B. I think we can all see she was miserable.

Lydia thoroughly enjoyed getting stickers from Cousin Grant at the doctor's office. 
The doctor really wanted Lydia to pee in a cup at the doctor's office. We needed a positive urinalysis in order to get antibiotics. However, Lydia was refusing to pee in the potty. So after 2 hours of playing tea party with Lydia in the doctor's office, Lydia peeing every where BUT the cup, we took the cup home to pee in.

As we are riding the elevator in the doctor's office Lydia announces that she has to pee. NOW! Not feeling real hopeful I take her to the bathroom to put a diaper on her and go home. Lydia refused the diaper. So I put her on the potty and she proceeds to pee. After 2 hours of dealing with trying to get Lydia to pee and then she pees in this public bathroom, I cry. After all that, we drive to Chick-fil-A and go home.

Sometimes a little girl just needs her dad and they stayed cuddled on the couch for a long time! 

After a rough over night, Lydia wakes up with a smiling face, no tears at potty time, and is in a good mood. But James and I still felt like we should follow through with this pee in a cup. So Lydia proudly took her treasure to "Miss Sharon". I am sure that Miss Sharon, the doctor's office receptionist was thrilled to see a 2 year old handing her a cup of pee!



And after all that, no urinary tract infection. Although I really think Lydia's body had just fought the infection and we should have skipped the doctor's office because that was traumatic for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment