Thursday, February 27, 2014

Our Week


Cute picture uh? Let me tell you the back story on this cute picture. Lydia has been counting down the days for Daddy Daughter Date Night at Chick-fil-A since last February. Every couple weeks she asks about Daddy Daughter date night (yes, James and Lydia go out on dates often!). I registered for this event, Lydia marked it on her calendar, I wrote it in my calendar, and we are all counting down the nights to Daddy Daughter Date Night. Lydia even has a special outfit picked out.

SO anyway I was fixing dinner and texting with my mom. Bouncing Isaac. We had been outside all day long. The inside of the house has been totally neglected. James and Lydia are running through the house playing chase. Every outside toy is in the yard. Laundry is halfway done. My mom then texts and asks for pictures of Date night. I text her back that date night is tomorrow night. My mom texts me to tell me to double check. So I continue fixing dinner and also double check. Oh my!!!! Daddy Daughter Date Night starts in 35 minutes!!!!! Needless to say in a matter of 9 minutes (yes, 9 minutes) James and Lydia get out the door. And yes, they were on time, had a wonderful time, and Lydia is counting down the days until next date night.

Moral of the story: the calendar only works if you write events in the correct box :)

But that was pretty much the way my week went. I really did not take pictures. We did have fun playing outside. Played toys in the basement. Lydia went through enough paper that I think 2 trees probably sacrificed their lives for her enjoyment.

Pink bath tub and ball is a totally manly kind of activity! 





No comments:

Post a Comment