Monday, October 1, 2012

Toilet Paper

Thankfully Lydia is independent with going to the potty (which is SOOOOOO nice!). But last night James and I were reminded why the tiny 25lb toddler has her very own bathroom that we refuse to use!

I entered Lydia's bathroom to help her brush her teeth (which I do twice a day - so she is not really totally on her own with hygiene!). I found poop in the potty - not flushed. Been there awhile! Had yet another conversation with Lydia about "please ask for help to flush the potty" (old toilet - she really doesn't have enough strength to flush...). Then I realized oh, didn't look that closely but toilet paper - did she use it???

So I decided to go check her recently changed underwear - sorry no real privacy when you are 2. But before I accused her of not using any/give her a bath I wanted to double check. Clean underwear - HURRAY!!!!!! I walk back to the bathroom joyfully telling Lydia what a good job she did wiping.

And then I see the huge smile. "Yes, mom did good wiping. Front to back". And I brush her teeth.

As I am turning on the night light I smell poop. Weird. And then I look down at the toilet paper roll. OH LYDIA NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, James daughter decided to skip the step of tearing the toilet paper off the roll. Just wipe - front to back atleast - and leave dirty toilet paper on the roll.

The environment can thank Lydia for trying to be green and save a tree. And James and I are once again reminded that we will continue to avoid her bathroom like the plague!

No comments:

Post a Comment