Wednesday, October 24, 2012

TOO Much Stuff!

Lydia has a bedtime ritual (that to some may annoy greatly but at the Stojan House we consider it OK!).

After James and I tuck her in, read, pray, kiss and hugs, Lydia spends the next 30 - 45 minutes reading books in her room. Most nights she just falls asleep on her own after playing for awhile. Some nights she needs a parental intervention (i.e. remove the books, turn off the night light, and close the door!) at the 45 minute mark.

Last night Lydia was nearing the 45 minute mark and was obviously getting very tired but wasn't settling down. So I was finishing the chapter in my book and going to go "help" her along. But before I could get up there I heard a huge thump and genuine tears. So I went upstairs and the Princess is sitting in the middle of her bed and in distress. I asked her what was wrong and was told "too much stuff can't sleep".

Oh my! Don't you hate when you are sooooooo tired that you can't figure out how to solve a very simple "problem"???

No comments:

Post a Comment