Monday, January 7, 2013

Bathtime Success

Lydia has never been easy when it comes to bath time. She doesn't like water in her eyes (but does anybody???) but she also doesn't like having a washcloth over her eyes and she will not look up. So I revert to dumping water on her head and trying to keep the water off her face while she squirms and cries.

For many months I have just put her in the shower with me. Which worked great until Lydia learned to run (yes, run!) in circles around my feet. This equaled shower time was a misery and I was constantly telling her to stay in one spot. BUT as Lydia was in the shower her head would get wet and I could wash her hair with minimal tears (notice I said minimal!).

I gave up on the shower thing and just put her back in the bathtub. Side note: shower time alone is so wonderful!!!!!!

Lydia back in the bathtub meant I resumed dealing with "no water" demands from the toddler. FINALLY after 2.5 years Lydia discovered that she can look at the ceiling and water won't go in her eyes.

Guess what? Lydia now likes having her hair washes and giggles the entire time "look up no water in my eyes". Yes, dear little girl I have only been telling you for that for years. Very glad you figured this out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment