Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mommy Guilt


Last week, we were out spending the day with Grandma. Our adventure took us to the mall and as we were walking past the shoe store we decided to go in. On a whim, I said yes to getting Lydia's feet sized (although I was positive she was in a size 5 or 6). Much to my amazement I learned that Lydia's feet were actually a size 7.5 or 8! Oh my. I felt terrible that I had been pushing her big feet into these little shoes. No wonder the child had been crying about putting on her shoes! 

I bought the little girl tennis shoes. Grandma bought the little girl cute shoes. As we left the shoe store - wearing the new shoes Lydia declared "I feel good all over now". Yes, thank you sweet girl make mom feel just a bit worse about the entire situation! 

Lydia really loves her new shoes. The boots with sparkly trinkets are her very favorite. The purple shoes from Grandma are "too cute". And it now takes even longer to get our shoes on because according to Lydia "too many cute choices". 



No comments:

Post a Comment