Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blizzard of 2013

Waiting and Watching for SNOW (hours and hours before the snow is predicted to start!). 

We had a big NC snow storm this week. Snow amounts were predicted to be as much as 5 inches. We actually only got a dusting. But the anticipation is so exciting! The snow actually started about an hour after Lydia had fallen asleep but I woke her up so she could see (last year we got one snow storm - I did not wake her up to see the snow and the next morning the snow was gone).

In a sleep induced haze, she argued with me that the snow was rain. Eventually when the snow start accumulating she believed me that it was really snowing. 
 We were both really really really excited. Lydia was jumping up and down (ok, I may have been jumping with her too ;)). Giggles. Squeals of delight. Running from window to window - it was snowing out of ALL the windows!







She was just mesmerized with the falling snow. She stood there for a very long time and then even cuddled on the couch with me while we watched it snow. 

"I am going to build a big snowman". 

I was very thankful the next morning that I had gotten her up to see the snow falling because there was not much snow left the next morning (the yard was just a muddy icy mess!)


The pink bunny just had to go out to play win the snow/ice/mud. 

And enjoyed every minute of sledding with the neighbors in the back yard. We all came inside and were quite muddy - so I think we were sledding in frozen mud rather than ice ;)

The best news of all! During the snow storm, we had thunder. Which means in 10 days we will have snow again!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment