Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DeAnna's Little Project Part 1

Everybody needs a project. I have been wanting to make a play kitchen - just looks like fun to me! But the logistics of said project have kept me from doing it.

I did find this little night stand and thought, "OH I could make just a little kitchen sink". Lydia already has a play kitchen so I am doing this kitchen sink really just for fun and keeping it super cheap. (The child does not need another toy!)


I sanded the nightstand. Let Lydia pick out the colors for the kitchen sink (I was thinking lavender would be pretty...). Lydia thought "watermelon" - also known as hot pink - would be ideal. We needed a contrast color and I decided that to keep the cost cheap (and use up craft supplies at home!) we would go shopping in the closets at home. Whoohoo - there was a bright purple. Perfect!


Compliments of an old dance recital costume - I had silver paint. With glitter! Lydia is super excited about a glittery faucet!

The faucet is the letter L  and some random wood peices that look like a handle from Michaels.  
The nightstand shelf was having some challenges holding the hot pink paint. After multiple coats and sanding, the old paint was still shining through just a bit. SO back to the closets I went and found some neon green paint. Did some sponge painting (well, no sponge in the house so I did paper towel painting!).

Seriously can that get any cuter????

And then Lydia's favorite part: flower pots. Seriously how fun for any little girl!

Think these are going to be paper toweled painted with some neon green too (and touched up a bit!). 


Stay tuned! The project will be finished soon ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment