Friday, September 21, 2012

First Day of Dance Class

 Over the years I have always chuckled when moms call me and want to register their brand new 2 year old for dance class. And here I went and signed my brand new 2 year old up for dance class (her class is mom and me so maybe I am not really pushing her!).

My brand new 2 year old REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to go to dance class (or go to work with me!). As I have seen how unpredictable 2 year olds are we just signed Lydia up for a 3 week introduction to Ballet with Mom in the room. Thought this was a perfect fit.

Lydia was SO excited about her dance class. She talked about it for weeks. She was up at 4:30 AM ready to go dance (thankfully the class is a 9AM class!). She practiced dancing before we left. I thought for sure I could get a picture of this cute little girl dancing. I tried but this is the best that I got!


See I said 2 year olds are unpredictable! 

On the drive to dance class, Lydia talked constantly about dance. She was going to spin, jump, kick, AND listen.

Walking in to dance class, Lydia continued talking about how much fun she was going to have but quit demonstrating.

As we waited for the teacher, Lydia sat in my lap looking at her new friends.

And then the class started, Lydia observed dance class. I think maybe by week 3 she might move her foot ;) hehe

BUT at home she was thrilled to show me all that she learned in her dance class. No camera though for Lydia's dancing. Over the past several days, Lydia has shown us a few more dance steps and has defiantly talked about dance class. But I think we will wait another year or so before signing up for another dance class ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment