Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Getting Out of the House II

So I learned my lesson to not congratulate myself on being early. Because God does have a great sense of humor!

After I taught the class, I went to pick up my dear little child. She decided to have a little fashion show while I was gone. I should have taken a picture of the outfit that she have convinced the teachers to let her wear. But picture this: orange flower too small pants that are now capris, beautiful colorful and pastel sweater, striped brightly colored socks, and brown shoes. Some battles are not worth picking and I took her home in this outfit. After we get in the car with this wonderful outfit on I remembered we needed to stop by the store and pick up roach bait (we just have a few persistent little roaches that refuse to DIE!).

Lydia is quite tickled with her outfit AND she wanted to carry her empty purse into Lowes. So to entertain the child I gave her a couple treasures to carry in her purse and I set out to read the ingredients listed on the roach bait. Lydia is quite entertained and I am quite enthralled with reading the chemical names on the roach bait. I wasn't paying attention and I picked up a box of liquid roach bait to read the box. I have roaches on the brain and am a little grossed out by this reading and the liquid in this box moved. I SCREAMED. Loudly. And threw the offending box of roach bait across the aisle. Thankfully for me there was nobody within the line of my throw but many employees heard my scream and came running.

The crazy woman explained herself to the employees (and no I did not buy that liquid bait!). As I was walking away I realized that Lydia and I are quite the sight to behold. I am dressed like a sweaty dance teacher. She is dressed like, well I don't know what look she was going for! And I am screaming in fright over roach bait.

So morals of the story:

  1. Don't count your eggs before they hatch (I think we are going to aim at leaving the house at 8:20!)
  2. Ordering roach baits online is really the best way to go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment