Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Peanut Lessons - Trade!

We have a new wonderful game at our house. Lydia is getting several "treats" a week from random strangers in the store. All of these people mean very well and she is thrilled with the extra attention. But I am not that thrilled with Lydia receiving little packets of M&Ms and miniature candy bars. Suckers, stickers, and pencils we are good with :)

I have been trading Lydia her peanut treats for Hershey Kisses (that are peanut free). In my mind this is an equal trade. But it has resulted in tears. Every single time.

This week, I offered Lydia a sticker after we got home. She was soooooo delighted with her sticker that she immediately dropped her treasured candy bar. Completely forgotten. And what did she hold on to all day? That sticker!

So lesson learned - for the one year old a sticker is WAY better than chocolate. This won't last long I am sure but for this week - it has worked quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment