Monday, October 31, 2011

Slide!

This week I was very exasperated with my dear little girl. She had spent the day turning toys upside down, walking on them, throwing them, destroying them, and getting hurt.

I figured that she would eventually learn that when you play with your toys this way, then you get hurt. She was getting this message but was still determined to play with her toys in unsafe ways.

We had played outside for HOURS as I was hoping to get this energy out of her little body. 

She had gotten in time out (really, not supposed to tear books up just for the fun of it!). 

We had done art projects. Taken walks. Re-organized every low cabinet and closet in our house. And still one of us was destroying her toys systematically. 

James brought up a good point. Maybe she has outgrown her toys. I was a bit skeptical but went with it. Lydia got to pick out big girl toys from the closet. Within minutes we were nicer to our toys. (Not nice just nicer!) 

And then our very sweet neighbors offered Lydia their old slide. I think the slide was just what Lydia needed. Hours and hours and hours and hours of play. Up the slide. Down the slide. Around the slide. Scooting down the slide. Standing on the slide. Getting all that energy out of her little body. So I guess she is no longer a baby and is truly a toddler! 

Did I mention we can scoot the slide around the basement???



I think that is a look of victory! 



A towel and we can't scoot the slide (i.e. mom can leave you  and fix lunch!)


No comments:

Post a Comment